Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Appreciation

       I discovered the book Freak the Mighty, by Rodman Phillbrick, when it was read aloud to me in fifth grade, by my teacher, Ilana. I remember loving this book and wondering when I would ever read it again in the future of my life, or if I even would.  In the fifth grade, I did not have deep thoughts like I do now, but I did appreciate the book, because from getting it read to me, I learned a lot about friendship, and I appreciated that a lot because I was having trouble with my friends at that time. I still appreciate the book now, but in deeper and different ways. One of the ways I appreciate this book now is that the book has wonderful balance, and wonderful writing, by Rodman Phillbrick. 

       The two main characters in Freak the Mighty are Max (M ighty) and Freak (Kevin). I appreciate this friendship because of the balance. Kevin, otherwise known as freak, is tiny, but super smart. Max, otherwise known as the mighty, is really big, but not that smart at all, creating a perfect balance. I connect and relate to Freak because we are both small, and have friends who are bigger and not as smart as us. I can relate to Max because i have two little sisters, so sometimes I feel really big, just like Max (Mighty).  Some back round information on Freak the Mighty is that it was published by Rodman Phillbrick in 1993.

       The characters in this book (Freak, and Max) are super important, because they shape the book, and put a perfect balance to it. Another reason the characters are important in this book is because they teach lessons about friendship. This text is great for any age because if your a kid and read it, you can learn about friendship, and what it is to have friends. If your a grown up, and you read it, it can remind you what it was like to be kid, and what it was like to go to school, or any other things you did as a kid that you havent thought about in a while. If you have not read this book, or you just want to reread it, you should, because its a great book, and will bring back memories. Freak the Mighty is a magical text because it teaches a great lesson, brings back memories, is well written, has great balance, and will make you laugh. Overall its a good read and will make you think like youv never thought before...






END.......

No comments:

Post a Comment