Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Response on my research of litter.

 LITTER... I used to think this word was simple, and didn't think much of it, but ever since my class has started doing social issues, I have learned that its complicated, and in my opinion, one of the most important issues in the world. Although it falls under the category of pollution, I'm focusing on the single topic.
      
          When we first this assignment, in my head I really didn't want to do it, but now that I'm actually doing it, I regret that thought, because I'm having fun and learning a lot from it. My main source was sirs, on ms51library.org. Its a great website, and has accurate good information. First, when I typed in "litter" , a lot of the things that came up didn't say litter, they said "trash". And right then, is when I realized what litter really was, TRASH. Just the thought of trash sounds and makes me think about dirty things, who likes dirty things? Nobody. So why do sososososo many people in this world litter? Nobody knows, but my goal is to help as many people as I can stop littering, or at least not as much. Walk around park slope for a while, and please try to find a single block that does not have any type of litter on it. If you do that would be great, but the thing is, you're not going to.

           In the article I found, written by Frank Greve from mcclachy newspapers, It said that litter experts say that "they estimate that deliberate trash tossing has fallen about 2 percent a year since the mid 70s in areas they have measured." Now, it makes me happy to hear that it is falling. But first of all its only two percent, and secondly, its only in certain areas of the world. So, that means that there could be different areas of the world that it isn't dropping, but it is increasing... well, I hope you have learnt that you really shouldn't litter, and it makes planet earth a worse place every time you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment