Tuesday, May 24, 2011

prompt number twelve

Prompt #12: how do family and friends influence our coming of age?

Both my friends and my family influence my coming of age. Without them, I would be an absolutely different person. 

My family influences my coming of age because they always accept who I am, and if I ever start changing in a bad way, they nicely explain to me what's happening and what has to change. Another way my family influences my coming of age is the fact that they respect the choices I make in life, and will always love me.

My friends influence my coming of age just as much as my parents do, but just in different ways. The difference between my family and my friends is that my friends are going through the same thing at the same time, vs my parents, who have already gone through it. The reason it is great to have friends going through the same thing is that we can talk to each other about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment